Monday, November 11, 2013

Wonderful Fling To Be Flung

Helloooo friends!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day off for Veterans Day, may we always remember those who have fought for the precious, beautiful freedom we often take for granted. <3

Also, Happy Founders Day to my lovely sorority, Gamma Phi Beta!!! 139 years old today, and we don't look a day over 50 ;) Love my sisters and so happy to share this special day with them all over the nation!

Today was an absolutely b-e-a-utiful day!... From what I saw of it through the tinted windows in the prison I call the library :( I've been here for 12 hours and still going strong! Curse Applied Argumentation and writing legal controversy speeches... Fascinating as hell, but let's be real, who has the time?! NOT me. No way.

Anyhoo, I am excited and proud to announce my re-discovered love -- nay, obsession -- with the ravishing Mr. Frank Sinatra.  What an absolute gem! There will never be another like him, and I don't know why he would ever cease to continue being appreciated and cherished by generations to come.



Courtesy of my lovely roommate Mary and her love for old-time jazz and timeless slow songs of the 20s and 30s, I have a new favorite song: "Come Dance With Me" by Sinatra himself.  What a truly wonderful and carefree tune, it makes me want nothing more than to be back in Sinatra's time: simple, beautiful, and happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQaUyBBL_M8

This song provided me with something I found myself lacking lately: a smile :) So thank you, Frank, for eternally blessing the world with your exquisitely genuine music, and for knowing exactly how to spread happiness as well.  80 years later, and the world appreciates you more and more as time continues to pass.

Also, thank you to all my absolutely wonderful friends for always having my back and reminding me of how blessed I am; I forget that sometimes, and I know you will always be there to help me lift my chin back up and coax a smile on my face.  I truly am so beyond blessed in this life where I have so many things to be thankful for.  Really, "You Make Me Feel So Young." 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuI3ogcQjuI



So, even though it's rather late on this Monday night, I hope you find comfort and inspiration in Sintra's music, as I have.


Cheers!

<3 Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment