Friday, October 18, 2013

In Between Dreams

Tomorrow, I leave for San Francisco.

So I can (attempt) to run the Nike Women's Half Marathon.

I wish I could be in this beautiful and artistic city much longer than a mere two days, but I can't wait all the same.

Thinking about going to San Fran, and the fact that it's finally here, has led me to start thinking more and more each day about studying abroad in the Fall of 2014.  More than anything, I want to study in London.


Something about that magnificent city with red leaves, rain-slicked pavements, a warm cup of joe, and people watching in a local pub just feel so necessary and right in my life right now, and I wonder if I can wait much longer to (hopefully) embark on that journey.

I'm feeling especially wistful and melancholy lately, though I'm not sure why.  I think I really just need to get away; perhaps this is why the thought of being in London, away from life as I know it, appeals to me so greatly at this time.  Who knows.


The song I choose to share with you today (or tomorrow, whenever you get a chance to take a look) is a classic, a bit dated but never out of style.  Do You Remember by Jack Johnson is nostalgic and loving, and it is without a doubt everything I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5kxOGhqrw

I just want a wonderful man to sing to me about our life together, is that too much to ask? Sigh.


<3 Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment