Thursday, September 26, 2013

Jazzy Hump Day

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!! (Even though it's not technically hump day anymore...)

With absolutely nothing to do on Wednesdays besides class from 6 - 8 at night, I spent a good part of my morning and afternoon today runnin' around downtown SLO on the hunt for a new job! It was somewhat exhausting, but I'm feeling confident and I'm crossing my fingers for a successful outcome.

On another note (no pun intended hee hee), tomorrow I will be auditioning to accompany the Cal Poly Jazz band(s) as a vocalist!! I am SO excited, jazz music is a somewhat hidden interest of mine; I went to every single one of the CP University Jazz Bands' concerts last year, and I highly encourage you guys to check them out this year! Even if you think you might not be into it, I guarantee you'll find your feet tapping along with the beat at the very least.

So the song I have to sing for my audition tomorrow is called "It's a Great, Great Pleasure" by Jordan Luis.  I had never heard it before until a few days ago when I began rehearsing, but it's super fun and catchy! Instantly puts you in a happy, jazzy mood.  It's a classic for sure, and has been covered/re-recorded by many jazz artists including the great BB King.

I also thought I'd share one of my favorite jazz songs: "Pennies From Heaven"  by Louis Prima.  (It's the song that's played in the movie "Elf" when Buddy is walking the streets of New York and eating old gum.) It's a dandy song, if you ever want to start your day off on a guaranteed good note, I definitely recommend this song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pELxwTp7gk



<3 Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment