Wednesday, October 2, 2013

HAPPY OCTOBER!

HAPPY OCTOBER EVERYONE!!!

So stoked that one of my favorite months is finally here! Autumn is such a beautiful and captivating season, I feel like we take it for granted a lot.  Stop and look around once and a while once the leaves begin to turn and the air becomes a bit crisper; our world is so completely stunning and we are so blessed to live in such a wonderful world.  SLO especially captures my heart during this season.


I have SO much to celebrate tonight!!! I had the honor of welcoming 72 new sisters to my sorority, Gamma Phi Beta, and I honestly could not be more excited to see what these talented gems will accomplish as they begin their journey as crescent moons.  It's so hard to believe that I was in their position a whole year ago!

ALSO.  New Two Door Cinema Club EP is out today! I've probably mentioned it a gazillion times, but I'm seeing them in concert in Oakland on the 22nd of this month with my friend Joey, and I literally cannot wait! Their new stuff seems to be going in a slightly different direction than they have done in the past, but it's definitely a good change.  Nothing to complain about here.  My favorite, besides "Changing Of The Seasons," would have to be "Golden Veins".  Super catchy and definitely takes a little warming up to, considering it almost sounds like a completely different lead singer, but it's totally rad and I fully give them credit for being risky and changing up their sound.  Rock on, guys!!!




AND, if that's not enough exciting news for one day, my man Justin Timberlake released the other half of his 20/20 Experience album today!!! I think for most people it might take a lotttt of warming up to; as with much of the first half of this album, Justin's tracks are on the long side, and that's not necessarily always a good thing, unfortunately.  You may find yourself wondering when the eff the song will be over, because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere... But I give JT credit for always staying relevant and for being so god damn sexy.

Best track? The final cut of the album, entitled "Not A Bad Thing".  The entire song is over 11 minutes long, but halfway through the song drastically changes from one style to another, and the second half of the track is exquisitely beautiful.  JT reverts back to his roots by serenading us in a simple style, with just his soothing voice and some acoustic guitar.  If you are looking for a song to fall asleep to, this is it, ladies.  Keep doing you, Justin.  We freaking love it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErc7TZ7ilc


Have a WONDERFUL night, ladies and gents! I love you all, I cannot believe how blessed I am to be living this life.


<3 Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment