Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Motivation

So about two months ago I had a lapse of judgement and decided to sign up for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco this October.  I've always been a mediocre runner: cross country and track my freshman and sophomore years of high school, and after that, running was pretty much the only way I knew how to exercise... It's still the only way I know how to exercise.  I am NOT an athlete.

Anyhoo. I was really sick for the better part of January through June until I had my tonsils and adenoids surgically removed, so now I'm finally healthy and able to actually do physical activity! Yay!! (BOOO.) I've been trying to run every day, and push myself to go a little farther and a little faster each time.  So far my progress is laughable, but hey it's more than a lot of people are doing.

But the best part about training, actually about running in general, in my opinion, is the music you listen to while you do it! And for a music-obsessed person like me, having the absolute perfect running playlist is CRUCIAL.  Some of my faves include Can't Hold Us - Macklemore, Heart Skips A Beat - Olly Murs, and a wholeeee lotta Two Door Cinema Club because they're the tits.  But my new obsession is Pompeii by Bastille: If you haven't checked them out yet, get on it!!! Especially this song because basically when you listen to it, you can do ANYTHING. Literally. It's the king of motivational songs.


GET MOTIVATED!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avikdfBO9rw

(PS, there's also an acoustic version... So hot!)


<3 Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment