Monday, July 29, 2013

Blessed

Today I am feeling especially grateful, for no specific reason.  I sat outside in the sun today while house sitting for my cousins, peacefully reading a book while the dog entertained himself in the yard, and I felt perfectly content and completely blessed to just be alive and able to enjoy this beautiful place we live in.

Yes, it sounds very cheesy, but I just thought I'd share with you my moment of simple appreciation and bliss today.  And for some reason I cannot explain, Ode to LRC by Band of Horses remained stuck in my head all day after listening to it this morning while walking the dog.  I never really listened to the lyrics before, but they are truly exquisite, thoughtful, and beautiful; I think they are a good reminder to us of what is important in life.

So don't sweat the small stuff, and when you start to feel exasperated or overwhelmed in your life, take a deep breath and truly take in all the positive things that surround you, and how privileged and blessed you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nP88E2pMk8



<3 Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment